Interested in being part of the team? Great! We're excited to get to know you.
At each of our on-air fundraising events, awesome volunteers man the phones to take calls and record pledges. Check out the following list to see if you'd be a good fit:
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be very comfortable talking to strangers on the phone
- Must be very comfortable using a computer (including strong typing skills)
If being a phone volunteer doesn't sound like a great fit for you, that's ok! There are other ways for you to get involved, like being a prayer volunteer!
Every year, we do our best to make this an even better experience for everyone involved, so before you sign up, here are a few other things to keep in mind:
- In order to make sure everyone has a chance to have a volunteer experience that wants to, and to make sure we don’t work you too hard, we ask that you please limit your sign-ups to one 3 hour shift per day.
- Even in our really cool downtown building, space is a bit limited during our fundraisers. We’re sorry that we don’t have a place for guests, children, or spouses to wait while you serve during your three hour volunteer shift. In order to minimize distraction for our phone volunteers while they are taking pledges and praying with callers, we ask that the building remain a dedicated space for volunteers, ages 18 or older.
- If you have any other questions you’d like answered before you sign up to volunteer, please don’t hesitate to ask! You can contact our volunteer coordinator Holly anytime by phone (479-238-8612) or e-mail.
NEW VOLUNTEERS: Please click the button below and fill out the volunteer application form. Be sure to select "Answering and interacting with listeners on the phone," under the "Interests" section! Once your application has been reviewed, you will receive an e-mail with a link to sign up for a time slot.
PREVIOUS VOLUNTEERS: Did you volunteer at KLRC's Sharathon 2016 last spring? If so, you've already filled out the volunteer application and may directly sign up for a time slot instead. Please note: if you have volunteered at previous fundraisers but not within the last 12 months, we have changed our volunteer sign-up procedures, and you will still need to fill out the volunteer application linked at the bottom of this page.
Thank you so much for your willingness to be a part of the team! We love having you here, and we couldn't do this without you!