Locations: Fellowship Bible Church of Northwest Arkansas, 1051 Pleasant Grove Road, Rogers
Mission: Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered program that helps us deal with lifes hurts, habits and hang-ups. Our purpose is to celebrate Gods healing power in our lives through the eight recovery principles found in the Beatitudes, and the Christ-centered twelve steps as we become willing to accept Gods grace in solving our life problems.
About: Celebrate Recovery is for anyone who has a hurt, habit or hang up. It is not restricted to people struggling with an addiction. We all have issues that may be interfering with our fellowship with God and others. Therefore, we all qualify! Join us as we pursue real life in Jesus Christ and celebrate the recovery only He can bring through His people and His Word.
The 8 Recovery Principles:
Principle 1: Realize Im not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and my life is unmanageable. Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor.
Principle 2: Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him and that He has the power to help me recover. Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Principle 3: Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christs care and control. Happy are the meek.
Principle 4: Openly examine and confess my faults to God, to myself and to someone I trust. Happy are the pure in heart.
Principle 5: Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects. Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires.
Principle 6: Evaluate all my relationships; offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm Ive done to others except when to do so would harm them or others. Happy are the merciful. Happy are the peacemakers.
Principle 7: Reserve a daily time with God for self examination, Bible readings and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
Principle 8: Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and by my words. Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires.
The 12 Christ-centered Steps
-We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behaviors, that our lives had become unmanageable. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out (Romans 7:18).
- We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose (Philippians 2:13).
- We made a decision to turn our wills and our lives over to the care of God. Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of Gods mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God, this is your spiritual act of worship (Romans 12:1).
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord (Lamentations 3:40).
- We admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of wrongs. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed (James 5:16).
- We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up (James 4:10).
- We humbly asked Him to remove all our shortcomings. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
- We made a list of all persons who had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all. Do to others as you would have them do to you (Luke 6:31).
- We made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that you brother has something against you ,leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift (Matthew 5:23-24).
- We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it. So, If you think you are standing firm, be careful that you dont fall! (1 Corinthians 10:12)
- We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and power to carry that out. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly (Colossians 3:16).
- Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to others and to practice these principles in our affairs. Brothers, if someone is caught in sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted (Galatians 6:1).
Services: Celebrate Recovery offers various services as well.
Friday Nights - Here at Celebrate Recovery we strongly believe that this ministry can benefit any and all. The truth is that we are all hurting. There is no such thing as a perfect church. We can so easily fall into the trap of wearing a mask to hide from everyone. We desperately and so diligently try to keep anyone from seeing the hurting person inside of us. CR provides a safe place for you to take that mask off and begin coming out of denial, turn our life and will over to Christs power, begin identifying hurts, turn over our character defects, replace them with truth and positives in our life and ultimately give back from what we have been given. Get started by joining us on a Friday night at Fellowship Bible Church. For more details please visit our website.
Small groups - Over 100 times in the Bible it reads one another. Love one another, pray for one another, serve one another, etc, etc. We are not meant to do this on our own. Small groups provide a network of brothers and/or sisters to walk with us on this journey. There is such healing that takes place in the context of these small groups as the Holy Spirit works in and through our sharing and listening to one another. There are various types of small groups such as Open Share groups and Step Studies. For more details please visit our website.
Celebration Station - Celebration Station is designed to inspire kids with hope, joy and friendship while they learn to rely on God. Celebration Station is a 52-week complementary childrens resource to Celebrate Recovery and the student version The Landing. Kids can discover the same truths in age-appropriate ways! Celebration Station gives kids hope for all the amazing things God has in store for them. Truths that help them overcome lifes challenges by learning to lean on Jesus. Joy as they embark on a wonderful, year-long journey of songs, games, videos, impactful experiences and great conversation. Friendships with other children and guidance for kids as they make Jesus the enduring, rock-solid foundation of their lives. They meet every Friday night from 7pm-9pm in the Family Center.
The Landing - The Landing isnt just for kids facing addiction issues. Its for students that have hurts they cant deal with, hang-ups that have them spinning out of control, or who arent really sure whats going on but they know something is wrong. The Landing is a 52-week process for any teen who is struggling and is based on the eight principles found in Matthew. By working through the Christ centered principles among a community of peers and caring adults, students gain access to tools which enable them to give their hurt, hang-up or habit to Jesus and find true healing and victory. The Landing is designed to run concurrently with Celebrate Recovery and Celebration Station; the Landing completes the group of resources for the entire family. Join us Friday night in the Student Center Central building at Fellowship. We start with dinner from 6-7pm, have worship and teaching 7-8pm, small group time from 8-9pm and end with snacks and hanging out from 9-10pm. Contact us for more information.
For crisis hotlines - please visit our website. Remember, you are not in this alone and there is always hope and a better way to deal with our struggles in life. Please check out our various CR meetings available here in NW Arkansas. They are available and open on different days of the week for your convenience. For more details, please visit our website.
Volunteer Opportunities: There are many opportunities to serve. Please contact us for more information and to get plugged in, or fill out our online volunteer form on the website.
BBQ Meal Team - Organize, serve and clean up after dinner on Friday nights.
Spanish Translation Team - Translate for Friday night, 7pm Worship time and Spanish Open Share Groups at 8pm.
Setup Team - Set up and distribute equipment, signs, tables, lighting and other resources for Friday night events.
Hospitality Team - Help plan and serve food for special occasion fellowship, events, retreats and meetings.
Usher Team - Setup & teardown of main Worship Center area. Monitoring doors and distributing bulletin handouts.
Greeter Team - Meet and greet people before, during and after the 6pm meal as well as helping with info & directions.
CR Inside Team - Outreach to those who are incarcerated using the life-changing principles of Gods Word through CR.
Prayer Team - Provide daily prayer coverage over the entire Celebrate Recovery Ministry.
Resource Team - Setup, organization and supervision of the CR Resource Booth.
Solid Rock Café Team - Prepare and serve coffee, dessert, popcorn and fruit during Solid Rock Café.
Teardown Team - Final Friday night teardown, reset and storage tasks in the CR meeting and fellowship areas.
Worship Team - Assist with teams leading worship at weekly 7pm Large Group, The Landing, or Celebration Station.
Media Team - Aid in providing quality audio, graphic and lighting assistance during 7pm Large Group (Worship).
Step Study Group Leader - Facilitate (along with at least one other group leader) a weekly Step Study Group.
Open Share Group Leader (Friday) - Facilitate (along with at least one other group leader) a weekly Open Share Group.
Newcomer Team - Help to create a positive, inviting, safe, fun environment for everyone- especially our Newcomers.
Celebration Station Team - Assist in carrying out the objectives of Celebration Station (CR For children).
The Landing Team - Assist in carrying out the objectives of The Landing (CR for teenagers).